Sibu Airport (IATA: SBW, ICAO: WBGS) is an airport located in Sibu town, Sarawak, Malaysia. The airport is currently the 10th busiest airport in Malaysia and 3rd busiest in Sarawak.
The airport is located in Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia.
With the new terminal, the airport is capable of handling 1.9 million passengers annually.
Flights Serving Sibu Airport
|Kuala Lumpur (KUL)||56||AirAsia, Malaysia Airlines|
|Kuching, Sarawak (KCH)||53||AirAsia, MASwings|
|Miri, Sarawak (MYY)||28||MASwings|
|Kota Kinabalu, Sabah (BKI)||14||MASwings|
|Bintulu, Sarawak (BTU)||14||MASwings|
|Johor Bahru, Johor (JHB)||7||AirAsia|
Airport Technical Details
|Owner:||Government of Malaysia|
|Operator:||Malaysia Airport Holdings Berhad (MAHB)|
|Time zone:||Malaysia Standard Time (MST), UTC +08:00|
Flight Schedule (Arrivals)
|MH 3183||MASwings||BKI||7:45 AM||Daily|
|MH 3461||MASwings||BTU||12:35 PM||Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat only|
|MH 3383||MASwings||BTU||7:10 PM||Daily|
|MH 3187||MASwings||BKI||9:05 PM||Daily|
Flight Schedule (Departures)
|MH 3806||MASwings||4:45 PM||BTU||Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat only|
|MH 3383||MASwings||7:30 PM||KCH||Daily|
- 2012, July 31st: The upgraded terminal started its operation. The passenger terminal in Sibu Airport is now the 2nd largest in Sarawak after Kuching International Airport.
- 2010, September 23rd: Sarawak Minister of Finance and Public Health, Dato’ Sri Wong Soon Koh said the expansion project would commence.
- 2009, April: The airport was given RM 150 million of allocation for an upgrade to the terminal building.
- 1994, 1 June: Operation of the new Sibu Airport officially begins.
- 1994, 31 May: Inaugural landing of four Malaysia Airlines aircraft (3 Fokker 50 and a Boeing 737)
- Post-WWII: The airport was fuerther developed to house basic airport facilities such as departure lounge and public waiting area. The airport can supprot Fokker F27 Friendship, Fokker 50 and Twin Otter Flights.
- World War II: The first airport in Sibu was built in Teku during World War II by the Japanese as a basic airstrip. During the war, the airstrip was havily bombed by Allied Forces.
This page was updated on.