American Airlines is a US-based airline.
Carry-on Luggage Policy
As stated on AA.com:
You can bring one small carry-on bag plus one personal item per passenger as long as the carry-on bag fits comfortably in the sizer without being forced and does not exceed overall dimensions of 45 inches (length + width + height). The maximum dimensions cannot exceed any of the following measurements: 22″ long x 14″ wide x 9″ tall or 115cm (56 x 36 x 23 cm). All carry-on items should be stowed in an overhead bin. Personal item – includes: purse, briefcase, laptop bag OR a similar item such as a tote that does not exceed 36 inches( length+width+height) and must fit under the seat in front of you. As an added bonus, travelers who are only bringing a personal item can board the plane before Group 2 boarding. Additional items that will be allowed above and beyond the restrictions listed above include:
- Outerwear such as coats/wraps/hats
- Book or newspaper
- Small bag of food to eat on the flight – see guidelines for liquids
- Approved safety seat for lap or ticketed child
- Pillow or blanket
- Umbrella stroller for lap or ticketed child
- Diaper bag for lap or ticketed child
- Assistive devices for passengers such as wheelchairs, walkers, portable oxygen concentrators, and CPAP machines, etc.
Please read more here.